Monday, October 11, 2010

Tis the season


Well I've done another Art Order challenge. It seems only competition gets me up and working outside of my day job these days. Speaking of my day job. I don't think I've mentioned it up in here. I'm working at a company called Music Mastermind doing character design. We're creating a multi-platform music making game (think garage band meets guitar hero). It should be pretty sweet.

So here's the challenge. We had to visually interpret a creature from a H.P Lovecraft story. I chose Brown Jenkin.
Brown Jenkin, Mason's familiar, is "a small white-fanged furry thing", "no larger than a good-sized rat", which for years haunts the witch house and Arkham in general, "nuzzl[ing] people curiously in the black hours before dawn". The creature is described:
Witnesses said it had long hair and the shape of a rat, but that its sharp-toothed, bearded face was evilly human while its paws were like tiny human hands. It took messages betwixt old Keziah and the devil, and was nursed on the witch's blood, which it sucked like a vampire. Its voice was a kind of loathsome titter, and it could speak all languages.

He's a bit rough because I didn't have a whole lot of time for him. I might get back to him before the month is out.

Happy Halloween!!

No comments: